Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The big picture

In my attempt to reopen this blog, I am going to start out with pieces of writing that I have already completed. My goal is to continue to do daily free-writes and then select a few to post here. It's not going to be pretty, and it may not make sense at times, but these are words coming from my head, and if I feel like sharing them, then this is where they will be. I leave several gaps in my writing and I encourage you to fill them in with your own imagination when/if you feel the need to.

The world is one big picture. Somehow it seems that people try to exclude themselves from the portrait. They tend to think that life is an individual photograph or a small family picture, when in fact it is so much bigger than that. The inner eye is very strong. If only we could use that inner eye to look at things bigger than our immediate surroundings. That is when we will be able to worry less, focus more and feel more content. I love being surrounded by young people who have figured this out. It makes it so much more enjoyable to be around them! I want to represent that mindset. That is why worry will not be a part of my life. I will find a way to do whatever needs to get done in order to accomplish my goals. But I pray that I do not stray from the Big Picture. The whole world is in his hands. He's got the whole world in His hands! Just imagine his hands outstretched, holding the globe.  Can you see yourself? Of course not. That is how small our worries should be. And for those of you who don't believe in God, let's look at this astronomically. Imagine you are standing on the moon looking back at earth-That swirly marble orb in the midst of endless space. You can't see yourself either. This is the framework we should carry with us daily. We can work this into how we approach our friends, how we set our goals and how we choose to live our lives. God is good, and we can see that when we look at the Big Picture instead of bickering about the pimples that we see on our self-portraits. It is pointless and time-consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment